Identity Theft is a hot topic these days. And it should be: millions of Americans are victimized by identity theft every year.
The Cauley Team has tips for you to prevent identity theft and what to do if you are a victim of identity theft.
Prevent Identity Theft
- Use a cross-shredder for any document that contains your address and account number.
- Never give out your personal information over the phone or e-mail to someone you don't know or cannot verify.
- Check your credit regularly for accuracy. See our Free Report page for more info.
- Check your bank statements for accuracy.
- Sign up for a credit watch program.
What to do if you are a victim of identity theft:
For more information, contact the Cauley Team today at 248-642-4600. Email Perri Cauley at firstname.lastname@example.org or email Michael Cauley at email@example.com.